Foundation holds Quarterly Board Meeting, finalizes 2021 operating budget, and approves Amos distributions for mission work in Israel
The Board of Directors of the Arkansas Baptist Foundation (“ABF”) held its regularly scheduled Quarterly Board Meeting on Thursday, November 12, 2020 at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention (“ABSC”).
Dr. Sonny Tucker, Executive Director, ABSC, gave the opening devotional covering 1 Chronicles 12, specifically verse 32 regarding the men of Issachar, “men who understood the times and knew what Israel should do”. Tucker emphasized that now is a unique time requiring leadership with knowledge and wisdom.
Highlights of the Board Meeting included:
- Staff profile of Patrick Henry, new Administration Coordinator at ABF, who shared how God had called him to his new position with the Foundation and how his first 100 days have gone having already served 16 churches.
- Recognition of John McMorran, current ABF Chairman, for leading the Board this past year.
- Approval of 2021 Amos distributions and review of how this fund has provided over $1.3 million for mission work in Israel and among the Israelite people in the last 20 years.
- Finalization of the Foundation’s 2021 operating budget.
- Approval of the Executive Committee’s motion to continue to use Landmark PLC as the Foundation’s auditor. As well as, approval of 2021 officers, which will include Jay Shell as Chairman, Tommy Vaughan as Vice Chairman, Eric Brown as Secretary, Bobby Thomas as President, Dillon McClain as Vice President, and Eric Davis as Treasurer.
- President’s Report from Bobby Thomas which highlighted this year’s annual board survey and reviewed the written report distributed at this year’s ABSC Annual Meeting, covering the highlights of each team and ministry for 2020. Thomas then shared a video from the Arkansas Baptist Children’s Homes & Family Ministries.