The Board of Directors of the Arkansas Baptist Foundation (ABF) held its regularly scheduled Quarterly Board Meeting on Thursday, November 10, 2022, at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention (ABSC).
Sonny Tucker, Executive Director/Treasurer of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention gave the opening devotional. Tucker encouraged the board to use their positions of leadership to advance the Kingdom of God. He added that being deliberate about using small moments to invest and pour into younger generations will have exponential rewards. Tucker concluded by sharing that God has placed us exactly where we are to use our roles as trustees to build eternal value.
Highlights of the Board Meeting included:
- Recognition of Tucker for serving as an Advisory Director of the Foundation Board for the past 10 years.
- Review of the ABSC Sexual Abuse Task Force report including recommendations.
- Acknowledgement of the David Bond “Heart of a Servant” Scholarship.
- Staff profile of Shelli Johnston, Support Coordinator at ABF, who shared about her role assisting ministry supporters.
- Approval of 2023 Amos distributions and review of how this fund has supported mission work in Israel and among the Israelite people in the last 10 years.
- Finalization of the Foundation’s 2023 operating budget.
- Approval of the Executive Committee’s motion to continue to use Landmark PLC as the Foundation’s auditor. As well as approval of 2023 officers, which will include Noyl Houston as Chairman, Jim Harris as Vice Chairman, Mark Conine as Secretary, Bobby Thomas as President, Dillon McClain and Patrick Henry as Vice Presidents, and Eric Davis as Treasurer.
- Announcement of Rex Horne being named the ABSC Interim Executive Director while continuing to serve as a consultant for the Foundation, especially as it relates to Capital Campaigns.