A missions movement for 18-25-year-olds is coming to Second Baptist Church, Conway, Arkansas on Oct. 14. Rev7:9 aims to create a community of people who are committed to seeing the vision that God laid out in Revelation 7:9 realized.
Nearly 5 billion people live each day without a chance to hear the gospel. This Rev7:9 event, organized by the International Mission Board, will bring young adults one step closer to understanding and pursuing the Great Multitude. Paul Chitwood, IMB president, challenged this generation to take up the vision of “every nation, from all tribes, peoples, and languages standing before the throne and before the lamb.”
“You are the NextGen—youth, college students and young adults—who will faithfully ensure that every nation and individuals from all tribes will be represented around the throne,” Chitwood said. “Pray for the mission and be generous with what God has entrusted us to use—our lives and resources—to help others go and to go ourselves.”
Young adults will grow in their faith and be challenged in their walk with God through worship and breakout sessions. Jay Sanders will be the featured speaker. Sanders is the director of Baptist Collegiate Ministry at the University of South Florida. Skye Reedy, based out of Nashville, will bring the music. This seasoned worship leader has toured with artists like Michael W. Smith, Mandisa and Amy Grant. Reedy is passionate about building the local church and encouraging hearts through worship.
What to expect at a REV7:9 event:
- Biblical worship
- IMB-led breakouts
- Biblical vision-casting regarding the need for the gospel around the world
- The opportunity to hear from and meet current and/or former IMB missionaries
- Hands-on missions exhibits
- Honest dialogue about some of the fears that keep people from saying “yes” to going and stories about how the Lord provided for others experiencing those same fears
- Practical next steps for serving overseas with IMB
- The flexibility of in-person or virtual breakout sessions is designed to help young adults further understand the part they get to play in reaching the nations with the gospel. They can get answers to their questions and understand better the ins and outs of applying with the IMB.
Be a part of the REV7:9 generation and address the world’s greatest problem—spiritual lostness—by taking the gospel to the nations … no matter the cost.
Go to https://www.imb.org/rev79/ to register for the event.