Editor’s note: Arkansas Baptist Foundation President Bobby Thomas released the following report of the recent meeting of the Foundation’s executive board.
The Board of Directors of the Arkansas Baptist Foundation (ABF) held its regularly scheduled Quarterly Board Meeting on Thursday, November 9, 2023, at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention (ABSC).
Rex Horne, Executive Director of the ABSC gave the opening devotional from a familiar passage in Joel 2:25-29. He reminded the board that God is faithful through all the seasons we walk through and restores the years of drought with the joy of our salvation.
Highlights of the board meeting included:
- Recognition of Horne for his new role as Executive Director of the ABSC making him an Advisory Director of the Board and for his continued service on the Foundation staff working with Capital Campaigns.
- Staff profile of Jacqueline Bolding, Finance Coordinator at ABF, who shared about her role which includes assisting with gift administration and distributions to ministries.
- Approval of 2024 Amos distributions and review of how this fund was established to support mission work in Israel and among the Israelite people.
- Finalization of the Foundation’s 2024 operating budget in line with the Cooperative Program budget approved at this year’s ABSC Annual Meeting.
- Approval of the Investment Committee’s recommendation to continue utilizing Mike Marquez with Merrill Lynch as the Foundation’s Outsourced Chief Investment Officer.
- Approval of the Executive Committee’s motion to continue using Landmark PLC as the Foundation’s auditor. As well as approval of 2024 board officers, which will include Jay Shell as Chairman, Mark Conine as Vice Chairman, Natalie Johnson as Secretary.
- Dr. Norman, President, Williams Baptist University, gave the agency report sharing the Williams Works program has allowed students to work for their education, the sustainability of the program, and the expansion of their goal to teach students how to work and to allow them the opportunity to graduate with no debt.
- Recognition of Noyl Houston, current ABF Chairman, for leading the Board this past year as well as acknowledging Eric Brown, Matthew Shepherd, and Thomas Vaughan for completing their terms of service on the Board.