By: WMU Admin- WMU
Imagine being forced to leave your home with fear and uncertainty of where you are going or whether you will even survive.| For nearly 26 million refugees worldwide, this is a reality. As Christians, we are to show compassionate love to refugees by caring for their physical and emotional needs, while pointing them to the eternal hope found in Jesus Christ. June 20 is world refugee day. Consider the following WMU resources to learn more about the refugee crisis and how you and your church could respond.
- Refugees: Forced to Flee—Study 12 accounts of refugees in the Bible to understand the biblical meaning of caring for those fleeing for their lives.
- Seeking Refuge: A Refugee Simulation—Experience the difficult decisions and struggles refugees face, and learn how you could impact their lives.
- Displaced Seeking Home: A Refugee Simulation—Displaced: Seeking Homeprovides participants a glimpse into some of the difficult decisions and struggles refugees and displaced people in the United States experience as they go through the difficult resettlement process.
- Engage: Refugees—Provide learning experiences to build students’ awareness of the global refugee crisis.
- IMS: Rohingya–Meet Christian workers who bring hope to the “most persecuted people in the world,” and be inspired to reach out to refugees in the name of Jesus.
- Refugees: The Church’s Response–This self-guided minicourse gives an overview of the various factors that impact refugees and how you could support refugees through WMU Compassion Ministries. Resources include training materials for leading others through the church’s response to the refugee crisis.
Visit wmu.com/refugees for more information and resources.
This article was written by the WMU team and was originally published on wmu.com https://wmu.com/world-refugee-day-june-20/?utm_source=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=world-refugee-day-june-20